This course will provide you with a conceptual understanding of Building Information Modeling (BIM) across modeling, documentation, and visualization so you can create your own design projects and share them with others. BIM is fast becoming the industry standard for architectural design and construction modeling due to its superior ability to integrate project data across the full range of documents.
In this course, we'll introduce the fundamental concepts of BIM models through the application of the tools in Autodesk® Revit® Architecture. The Revit platform offers a wide range of functionality, and to start, we'll focus on the creation of new models and how to display then in ways suitable for different application.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the key underpinnings of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and parametric modeling relationships.
- Create 3D models of architectural structures using BIM elements that are virtual representations of the real-world.
- Describe the different Revit family components, creation methods, and where they are located.
- Learn effective modeling and visualization techniques for presenting your designs.
This course is for beginners. While some knowledge of 3D modeling and Revit is helpful, it's not required.
What are the course requirements?
- The course uses Revit 2017. While the course can be used with higher versions of Revit please be aware that there may be some variations to commands and workflows.